Jan 12 Opening Day!
Jan 11th, 2014
Good News! Mt Washington Alpine Resort will have the downhill and Nordic runs open on
From MWAR - "It's go time!! 55cms in 24 hrs, 110cm mid-mountain base. We're opening Whiskey Jack Chair, Hawk Chair, Easy Acres . As the saying goes...better late than never!!!"
Here are a number of items you all need to be aware of...
- sign in/out times are the same
- For normal days - upload time for morning meeting at Eagle Bump is at (no runs before the meeting) for a orning Hill Co briefing to establish duties and assignments for that day. We are not to leave the Eagle bump until after the morning meeting.
- If Eagle lift is not running alternatively meet upstairs in the Alpine Lodge near the cafeteria. If the Whisky Jack is running, the meeting will be at top of the Whisky Jack Lift. Dispatch will let us k now where to meet.
- Members who wanti to participate in paid patrol meeting at
in FAR are welcome and need to bring a headlamp. Members will be assigned into teams to handle the "hill co." assignments. Volunteer patrol members are welcome to join these teams. You will be assigned into one of the teams and expected to perform the assigned duties for that team. If you start with these patrol teams, you will also be expected to join the debrief at the end of the day at FAR
- FAR attendants should sign in at FAR as usual.
- The end of day sweep is the same procedure as previous seasons. Volunteers are strongly encouraged to join the end of day debrief at FAR.
- First Years and Juniors - please get up the hill and start skiing/riding...Dave Hutton will advise you of the Snow Camp training days.
- We will advise you about what will happen with your passes from last season as soon as we can.
- Please have patience and try to be helpful as this will be a very fast start with a number of untrained employees
Look forward to seeing you on the hill!